Sunday, November 21, 2010

Urban Legend

No one ever told me black women could experience infertility. I always thought it was someone else's problem and I didn't need to bother with knowing too much about it. I thought black women could have children at the drop of dime or whenever they wanted. So, are you telling me that urban legend is untrue?? One of my unmarried girlfriends became pregnant at age 40 with a casual partner. I cried all night when I got the news. And then my neighbor across the street became pregnant, with a casual partner. Both women are super intelligent with nice paying jobs so if they can get pregnant without trying me and DH should breeze right through TTC with no problems. WRONG!!! We've been TTC for almost 2 years and I can't help but scratch my head. I've never hit the lotto, I've won very few door prizes, and my sister always beat me in Yahtzee, so you see statistics have never been on my side. So why now am I in that statistically growing group of women who are having difficulties naturally concieving??? It's not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment